Saturday, June 8, 2013

This weeks Top 5 web distractions

Leave a Comment



1. The Red Wedding 


Yes, I read the books. Yes, I saw it coming. No I'm not scarred. Quite the contrary I'm in awe of director David Nutter's vision of the Red Wedding. While it was nowhere near as bloody as the books, the scene where one of the Frey's stabs Talisa in her womb has to be the most brutal of the series so far. It had my stomach in knots. Notable mention goes to Michelle Fairley's performance in the episode where after all the life is taken from her, she forgets her honor and kills an innocent girl. The biggest revelation of the episode for me though has to be the haunting lyrics and tune of The Rains of Castamere. A song penned in dedication to Tywin Lannister's brutal victory over House Reyne of Castamere. A simple message in the song, Never fuck with a Lannister. 


2. Harry Styles was born with 4 nipples


This surprising fact popped into my Facebook feed this week thanks to What The Fuck Facts & I couldn't resist commenting. But before you say that's a lame thing to put on this list, check out my comment.

That comment alone got 1451 likes and 37 replies and the irony is, that I don't even know what One Direction is :)


3. It's not about the nail 


For all those men who have tried and failed miserably at fixing their girlfriends problems,here's a first class lesson as to why that's an exercise in futility. And the best part is that the director, Jason Headly has made it simple, so that our puny minds may get the message. A must watch.

 

4. The Gut Wrenching Science between the world's hottest peppers 

 



A pepper that can kill you, that's exactly how hot the Bhut Jolokia is. The Naga Chilli ranges anywhere between 500,000 to 1.5 million Scoville heat units which is considered to be super hot. Mary Roach writes about her travels to Nagaland and witnesses a chilli eating competition for the crazies. This is her story

5. Zombie Highway 


If you're the kind of guy who loves general carnage (I know I am), then this game is for you. You drive down a highway infested with zombies, and all you have to do is keep killing them motherfuckers, so that they don't bring your car down and feast on your innards. Love the brutal simplicity. Download it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...